Friday, August 29, 2008

My daughters first trip

June 2008, My daughter and I took a trip to Knoxville to attend the Honda Hoot. This was a great trip and we did all the regular tourist stuff while in the area. On the way down, we stopped at the Valley View Ferry in KY.




This old ferry still operates across the Kentucky River south of Lexington. The skipper is very knowledgable about local history and it's worth taking a little extra time to talk.

We decided to stay in Gatlinburg and enjoyed a little shopping while in the area.





The next day was spent cruising the Smokey Mountain National Forest. The weather was perfect and so was the riding.

Many people have commented that this is something she will remember forever.

She's not the only one! They sure grow up fast.








We did make it to the HOOT one day and enjoyed all the activities. This was a special trip for me. I realize that one day my little girl will be out on her own and I want to spend as much time as possible with her now. Here is a little video that I put together about our trip.

No comments: