Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In the Beginning!













April 1 2008 - We puchased my lifelong dream motorcycle, a Honda Goldwing (gl1800). I wanted to create the "Ultimate Touring Machine". I had fallen in love with the 2007 Dark Orange but since these were now a year old, we had trouble finding a new bike with the options I wanted (Comfort Package, ABS Brakes and Integrated GPS) My dealer called and said he had found one at another dealership and could arrange to have it delivered. Barncat and I were the owners of a new motorcycle and I was like a kid in the candy store.




I have had lower back problems since high school and we were both very concerned with how this was going to be affected by long hours of riding a 800 lb bike loaded with 2 "full figured" riders and luggage. We had decided to have the bike triked and after riding many different models, we liked the Hannigan conversion. Two weeks after purchasing the goldwing, we took it to Murray Ky to have my new "baby" converted. This has turned out to be an excellent decision. We can both relax and enjoy the ride.

No comments: